The Missouri Course Access and Virtual School Program (MOCAP) has developed a catalog of virtual online courses for students. Beginning with the 2019-2020 school year, students will be able to take an entire course from any Internet-connected computer, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. MOCAP’s mission is to offer Missouri students equal access to a wide range of high-quality courses, flexibility in scheduling, and interactive online learning. For more information about MOCAP go to: http://www.mocap.mo.gov
Gateway Science Academy is partnering with one of the prominent MOCAP vendors, Edgenuity Inc. which is a leading provider of online and blended learning solutions, offering a comprehensive suite of AdvancED accredited digital curriculum. https://www.edgenuity.com/
The following are required to take an Edgenuity (MOCAP) Online course:
- The student has attended a public school or charter school for at least one full semester immediately prior to the request;
- The student resides and is enrolled as a full-time student in the district;
- The student is not carrying the maximum academic load for the semester requested (i.e. this course would not be beyond the normal full load). You can continue to access MOCAP courses however in these cases the district is not required to pay for these courses;
- The student has been successful in previous online courses (If applicable);
- The student has demonstrated verbal or written communication skills that would allow the student to succeed in an environment where the instructor may not provide nonverbal cues to support the student’s understanding;
- The student has demonstrated time-management skills that indicate the student is capable of submitting assignment and completing course requirements without reminders;
- The student’s IEP team has determined that a virtual course is consistent with the “appropriate” education the district is required to provide the student (if applicable);
- Complete and submit the enrollment form no later than the first week of each new semester.
Please contact your counselor to discuss course options and enrollment details.