GSASEF is organized by Gateway Science Academy. We welcome more than 100 students each year to display their work in STEM area and get recognized by the community. Gateway Science Academy extends the invitation to all charter school students in St. Louis area first time this year. The event will be held at St. Louis Science Center on Jan 26, 2019.
GSASEF – Project/Poster Session
The mission of the Gateway Science Academy Science & Engineering Fair is to increase public awareness in science, math and engineering. We believe that every school has the potential to shine in science, math, and engineering; therefore, we encourage every student to share research/project summaries through this unique platform. Qualified students (5th -12th grades) from GSA and charter public schools in St. Louis area are welcome to attend and compete at the Gateway Science Academy Science and Engineering Fair for free of charge. Participants will be awarded according to their scores given by the judges.
The poster session is free and open to the public visits between 11:30 am -1 pm.
Gold: 91-100 points
Silver: 81-90 points
Bronze: 71-80 points
Honorable Mention: 70 or less points
Best of fair: The top project in the science fair will win the “Best of Fair Award”.
Special Awards will be distributed by third parties such as individuals, schools, or organizations who are willing to increase the awareness of science, math and technology
- Best of Fair: $50 Gift Card + Certificate + Medal+Trophy
- Gold Medal: $25 Gift Card + Certificate + Medal
- Silver Medal: $20 Gift Card + Certificate + Medal
- Bronze Medal: $15 Gift Card + Certificate + Medal
- Student Application Deadline: Dec 7, 2018.
- Announcement of the GSASEF-Qualifiers: Dec 14, 2018.
- Required Forms Submission Deadline for Qualified Projects: Dec 21, 2018.
- Day of the Event: Jan 26, 2019.
If you are interested in registering as a judge for the 2019 Gateway Science Academy Science and Engineering Fair, please click below. (Judge Registration Deadline: Dec 5, 2018)Judge Registration
- Event Poster
- Event Schedule
- GSASEF – Pre-selection Criteria
- Judging Criteria – Experimental Projects
- Judging Criteria – Design Projects
- Policy & Procedure Manual
- Required Forms
- Adult Sponsor Form (1)
- Safety Sheet (1A)
- Registered Research Institutional-Industrial Setting Form (1C)
- Qualified Scientist Form(2)
- Designated Supervisor Form (3)
- Human Subjects Form (4)
- Nonhuman Vertebrate Animal Form (5)
- Human and NonHuman Vertebrate Animal Tissue Form (6)
- SRC-IRB Approval Form (7)
- Parent Approval Form (8)
- Consent Release Form
For additional information contact at email@example.com